WARNING!
You should know that downloading copyrighted movies, TV shows, or music without paying for them is illegal. Download files I suggest, any other file for that matter, at your own risk!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Labeling the Flash Drives

When I started this project labeling was one of the first problems I came across.  The PNY Mini flash drives I've started with are too small for a label.  But, the way the 6 compartment flash drive case I have works perfect for my idea.  I'll show you the steps I took to make the labeling work.  If anyone else have a better idea let me know.  I've also read a few other ideas I will share but the one I came up with seems to work just fine for me.

First, start with a new Microsoft Works Word Processor.



Go to "Table" and click on "Insert Table".



The measurements I used work perfect for my needs.
(EDIT: The measurements in the photo below are incorrect. Number of columns is 2, row height is 1", column width is 3". Sorry for the mix up.)



After cutting along the lines place the individual slips behind the flash drive in each individual slot.



The other ideas I've heard for labeling is using fingernail polish to color code them.  Also, there is the sharpie option.  Just writing on the flash drive itself with a sharpie.  I like my method better just in case I ever want to change what is on the flash drives.  You can try either one or come up with your own.  If you have a better method for labeling your flash drives let me know.